A lorry crane operator is a professional who operates and controls a lorry crane, also known as a truck crane, to lift, move, and place heavy loads in various locations. This job requires the use of specialized skills and training, as well as a deep understanding of the equipment and its capabilities. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of becoming a lorry crane operator, the qualifications required to become a lorry crane operator, and how to choose an academy that provides a lorry crane operator course.
Benefits of Becoming a Lorry Crane Operator
- Job security: As a lorry crane operator, you will have a high level of job security, as the demand for skilled crane operators is always high, especially in industries such as construction, shipping, and manufacturing. You can enrol yourself in a course provided by THT Academy here.
- High salary: Lorry crane operators typically earn high salaries, with the average salary ranging from $40,000 to $80,000 per year, depending on experience and location.
- Career advancement opportunities: With experience and further training, lorry crane operators can advance to supervisory or management positions, increasing their earning potential and career opportunities.
- Hands-on work: As a lorry crane operator, you will be involved in hands-on work, which can be both physically and mentally challenging, but also rewarding and fulfilling.
What Are The Qualifications Needed To Become A Lorry Crane Operator?
Qualifications to become a Lorry Crane Operator:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to become a lorry crane operator.
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required to become a lorry crane operator.
- Physical health: Lorry crane operators must be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects, as well as have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Safety training: Before becoming a lorry crane operator, you must complete a safety training course, which covers safety procedures and regulations for crane operation.
- License: In order to operate a lorry crane, you must obtain a crane operator license, which requires passing a written test and a practical examination.
How to Choose an Academy Providing a Lorry Crane Operator Course?
- Accreditation: When choosing an academy, make sure it is accredited by a recognized organization, such as the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO). Accreditation ensures that the academy provides high-quality training and meets industry standards.
- Course curriculum: Look for an academy that offers a comprehensive course curriculum, including both theoretical and practical training. The course should cover topics such as crane safety, crane rigging, crane signaling, and crane inspection.
- Experienced instructors: Choose an academy that has experienced and qualified instructors who are knowledgeable about the latest techniques and technology used in crane operation.
- Hands-on training: Look for an academy that offers hands-on training with real crane equipment, which will give you practical experience in operating a crane and prepare you for the license examination.
- Job placement assistance: Consider an academy that provides job placement assistance, as this can help you find a job as a lorry crane operator after completing your training.
In conclusion, becoming a lorry crane operator can be a rewarding and fulfilling career choice, offering job security, high salaries, and career advancement opportunities. To become a lorry crane operator, you must meet certain qualifications, including age, education, physical health, safety training, and obtaining a crane operator license. When choosing an academy, look for one that is accredited, has a comprehensive course curriculum, experienced instructors, hands-on training, and job placement assistance. Check out THT Academy for their lorry crane operator course in Singapore.